God Never Ceases To Surprise Me!

I have now been back home from Atlanta for about two months!  It has been good to be back and spend this time with my family.  Since I have been back I have just been kind of walking through the motions not exactly sure where I was going.  It wasn't until a few weeks ago that God really surprised me again!  My mom, grandma and I went into town one morning to do a few errands.  While waiting for my mom at the Chiropractor my grandma got to talking to me about my future (a topic I avoided mostly because I hadn't a clue what my future held).  Anyways it got me thinking.  That afternoon I was on my laptop, bored so I was just searching different things, when I felt lead to look up the Bible school that I knew was in Moberly.   I had been on their website a while back during my DTS but for some reason (aka God) different things on their site caught my eye this time.  And you must know I really was against going back to college for a couple reasons, one being I had absolutely no desire to take classes that meant nothing to me and two I didn't want to go into debt (I want to be a missionary I can't afford debt).  So, I was looking up their different majors, my favorite being Christian counseling!  This may sound silly but it was awesome to me when I looked up the classes I would need to take and even the core classes where about the Bible!  Now I can handle learning about the Bible!  Also while I was looking around on their website in several different places it talked about this Full-tuition scholarship that they offered.  Seemed too good to be true to me!  I did a little more looking and it seemed to me that it was offered to everyone and seemed legit so I was hooked!  I couldn't believe after being totally against going back to college I was excited again!  Next thing I had to do was tell my parents...I think I was way more shocked then they were.  :)  Anyways my mom suggested we take a trip up there and see what it was like.  So we did just that a few days later.  We got there around 9 and didn't leave until around 2.  It was a really cool experience.  My mom and I got to sit through a class, got a tour and got to talk directly to the admissions director!  Everyone seemed so energetic and friendly!  I shared a little bit of my story with the admissions director and he flat told me that he wanted me at their school (which made me feel pretty good)!  Within the next week I had my application turned in and all my forms sent their way!  And well I will be attending Central Christian of the Bible this fall!  I am so excited!  It is so amazing living a life were God guides your steps!

Comments

  1. That's great news Kelci! I'm sure your parents and family are extremely proud of you and your accomplishments thus far. Maddie Grace will also be going to a Christian school this fall....she will begin kindergarten at Christian Chapel Academy in Columbia. I am so thrilled to have found an elementary school that teaches the Bible and incorporates it in her daily lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kelci! That's amazing! I am so excited for you! I can't believe you're going to college, that's crazy! :) keep me up to date on how it's going!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"For the JOY of the Lord is my strength"

JOY!!!